Why we process your information and what we collect
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support. We only collect the information that is necessary for its specific purpose. See the list below for more information about what information we collect and why.
- Device information: examples as version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, search terms and how you interact with the Site. This information will help to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site. It is collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, tags, or pixels.
- Information provided by you: examples as name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, and email. This information will enable us to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, provide customer support and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use WordPress to power our online store. WordPress provides cookies and similar tracking technologies on our website. You can read more about how WordPress uses your personal information here: https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/.
- We use service providers to process payment (for example credit card issuers) and shipping (for example FedEx) for fulfilling order. Certain service providers have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them. We suggest you read their policies to have better understand how they use our information.
- We may use some service providers to assist us with marketing. These service providers typically use a cookie or third-party web beacon to collect this information. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Cookie Use is shown below.
- We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Your Rights Over Your Information
Our website is powered by WordPress. Your data is stored and processed through WordPress’s online e-commerce platform, data storage or databases. WordPress is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. For more information about data security, review WordPress Security [link].
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights over your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at info@Indigo-Scooters.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Last updated: [February 22, 2022]
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority.